1. Vice President, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 36th Surajkund International Crafts Mela at Faridabad, Haryana on 03 Feb 2023. On this occasion, he promoted handicraft items. VP Dhankar lauded the state government and organisers of the Mela for their efforts to showcase and promote the creativity and talent of India’s craftsmen. The Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2023 inaugurated by the Vice President will be open from 3rd to 19th February 2023 at Surajkund, Haryana.
2. In addition, a total of Rs 8.82 crore of ‘Operation SADBHAVANA’ funds have been allotted for the Union Territory of Ladakh during the current
financial year 2022-23. The funds are being utilized for various activities like Human Resource/Skill Development, Sports, Healthcare, National
Integration, Infrastructure Development, Ecology, Environment and Education. Further, ‘Kargil Ignited Minds’ an initiative exclusively for girl
students of Kargil is launched for preparation for various competitive examinations for admissions into various professional colleges and
institutions in India.
3. Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India has launched the ‘Sagar Parikrama’
program on occasion of 75th Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The main objectives of ‘Sagar Parikrama’ are
- To facilitate interaction with fishermen, coastal communities and stakeholders.
- Demonstrating solidarity with all fisher folk, fish farmers and concerned stakeholder as a spirit of Aatma nirbhar Bharat.
- To promote responsible fisheries with focus on sustainable balance between the utilization of marine fisheries resources for food security of nation and livelihoods of coastal fisher communities
- Protection of marine ecosystems.
4. In the union budget of FY 2023-24, it is announced to launch a mission to eliminate sickle cell anemia by 2047. Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a
chronic single gene disorder causing a debilitating systemic syndrome characterized by chronic anemia, acute painful episodes, organ
infarction and chronic organ damage and by a significant reduction in life expectancy. State Haemoglobinopathy Mission has been established in
Madhya Pradesh to tackle the challenges in screening and management of sickle cell disease.
5. PARIKSHA PARV 5.0 Campaign being organized from 6th February to 31st March 2023 by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
“Pariksha Parv 5.0” is an endeavour for providing a platform for students, parents and teachers to share their thoughts and get guidance and important tips from the Experts/Renowned Personalities/ Motivational Speakers.
Pariksha Parv 5.0 involves
- Live Streaming Sessions
- Exam Warriors
- Radio Spots