GATE Registration 2023: The application process of GATE has been started by IIT Kanpur from 30th August i.e. today. This application process will continue till 30 September. From November 4 to 11, an opportunity will be given to rectify the mistakes made in the form. Admit cards will be issued on January 3. The exam will be held on February 4, 5, 11 and 12. The result will be released on March 16. The last date to apply for the exam is September 30, but forms can be submitted till October 7 on late fees.
GATE Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Start of online registration||30 August 2022|
|Last date for online registration||30 September 2022|
|Last date of registration with additional fee||7 October 2022|
|Exam center selection date||4 to 11 November 2022|
|admit card issued||3 January 2023|
|test date||4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023|
|answer key released||21 February 2023|
|declaration of result||16 March 2023|
|Availability of score card||21 March 2023|
GATE Registration 2023 Application fee
Application form fee can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can use credit card , debit card and net banking to deposit the application fee .
|Category||Application fee||After deadline|
|For Female Candidates||850||1350|
|For SC/ST/PwD category candidates||850||1350|
|For all other candidates||1700||2200|
GATE Registration 2023 Eligibility
Any candidate who is currently studying in the third or maximum year of any graduate degree program or has already completed a government approved degree program in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Commerce/Arts can apply for GATE 2023 can apply. Fore complete details see brochure.
Documents required for GATE 2023 exam registration
- Aadhaar or PAN card or Voter ID card or Driving license
- Passport size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Certificate of SC or ST (if applicable)
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable)
How to apply for GATE exam
- Firstly the candidate has to visit the official website, gate.iitk.ac.in.
- After this click on the link “GATE 2023 registration”.
- Here candidates enter their login details and submit.
- Now candidates fill the application form and fees.
- After the application form is completed, click on the submit option.
- Download the confirmation page and take a print out of it for further reference.
GATE 2023 Application Form Correction
IIT Bombay has provided the correction facility ( GATE Correction ) on its official website through online mode . Correction will be provided for certain areas only. Candidates have to rectify the defects in the application before the stipulated deadline.
The application form correction process will remain in force till November 2022. For some selected details, this process will be applicable till 11th November 2022 . To improve the choice of exam city for the candidates, it can be done till December 2023.
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (CBT) mode.
Number of Subjects: The exam will be conducted for 29 subject papers. Two new subjects – Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GM) have been added this year.
Question Types: The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Choice Questions (MSQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
Type of Sessions : Each paper will have two types of sessions – Compulsory and Optional.
Duration of Exam: The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
Maximum Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
Number of Questions: There will be 65 questions in the question paper.
Marking Scheme: For MCQs and NAT, various questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. In MCQs of 1 mark, 1/3 mark will be deducted for wrong responses. For MCQs of 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. There will be no negative marking for numerical type questions.
Gate 2023 Syllabus
GATE Syllabus will be provided by IIT, Kharagpur. Two new subjects (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering) have been added in the syllabus of GATE 2023.
Here, we have given the syllabus for various subjects below:
- Bio-Medical Engineering ( BM ): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Measurement and Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Sensors and Bioinformatics, Measurement and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials, Medical imaging system.
- Architecture and Planning ( AR): Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning and Design, Building and Structure, etc.
- Mathematics ( MA): Linear Algebra, Algebra, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering ( EC ): engineering mathematics, networks, electronic equipment, signals and systems, digital circuits, analog circuits, etc.
- Chemical Engineering ( CH ): Process Calculation and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations etc.
- Instrumentation Engineering ( IN): Engineering mathematics, signals and systems, electrical circuits, control systems, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering ( PE ): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Construction Evaluation, Oil and Gas Testing, etc.
- Civil Engineering ( CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
- Statistics ( ST ): Calculus, probability, linear algebra, inference, stochastic procedures, multivariate analysis, design of experiments and regression analysis.
GATE 2023 Admit Card
GATE 2023 admit card will be made available through online mode on the GOAPS website. The admit card will be made available to each of the registered candidates individually. Candidates have to appear at the examination center on the date and time specified in the admit card.
No request for any change in the center or date/time specified in the admit card will be entertained.
Admit card will be made available for download from 3rd January 2023. Candidates will have to appear in the examination center with original and valid photo identity proof for verification at the examination centre.
GATE 2023 Answer Key
For GATE 2023 exams, candidates’ responses will be made available on GOAPS. Along with this, the answer key (GATE Answer key) for various papers will also be displayed on the website. Candidates can access these by entering their login details in GOAPS. GATE 2023 Answer Key will be made available on 21st February Month 2023.
Candidates can submit their questions on the answer key in a given time period after payment. No candidate will be allowed to submit his/her objection after the completion of time period.
GATE 2023 Result
The result of GATE 2023 exam will be released on 16th March 2023. The result will be made available to each and every candidate who has appeared in the examination through online mode. Candidates will be able to access the result by entering the login details on the official website of GATE 2023.
The result of the examination ( GATE Result ) will be valid for 3 years from the year of examination. Candidates can use the result of GATE 2023 exam for admission to job or PG courses.
GATE 2023 Score Card
GATE Scorecard will depend on the performance of the candidate in a particular subject. Candidates can access GATE 2022 score for the next 3 years from the date of declaration of result. Candidates will be able to download GATE 2023 scorecard anytime between 21st March to May 2023 .
Candidates who have qualified in GATE exam can apply to get soft copy of GATE scorecard after last week of May 2023.
GATE 2023 Expected Cut-Off
Following is the GATE Exam Expected Cut Off . Candidates can check the complete category and subject wise cut off marks from the table given below.
|Electronics and Communication||25||22.5||16.50|
GATE 2023 Counseling
Centralized counseling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan has been conducted by CCMT 2023. This admission will be offered in all universities and colleges on the basis of GATE scores of the candidates for the years 2021, 2022 and 2023. To participate in the counseling ( GATE Counselling ), candidates have to pay the prescribed counseling registration fee. The process of centralized admission to postgraduate programs will be started from May 2023 .
The counseling process will consist of various stages including online registration, choice filling and choice locking, online seat allotment, seat acceptance fee deposit and physical reporting at a Reporting Center (RC) and admission to the allotted institute.
GATE 2023 Admission Process
After successfully appearing in the counselling, candidates will be able to download their Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL). After the counseling process is over, candidates have to report physically along with the DVC issued by RC and PAL.
Candidates will have to appear by the given time along with all other documents notified by the allotted institutes. Before reporting at the allotted institute, candidates have to pay the remaining admission fee (if applicable) in the mode prescribed by the allotted institutes.
Gate 2023 exam Important Links
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Download Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Download GATE Syllabus||Click Here|
|GATE Official Website||Click Here|