India’s third moon mission Chandrayaan-3 has been successful. Chandrayaan-3’s lander made a soft landing on the lunar surface at 6.04 pm on Wednesday evening. The rover also came out of the lander two hours and 26 minutes after landing. India’s Chandrayaan-3 has created history by landing near the south pole of the Moon. After a long journey of 40 days, on August 23, 2023, ISRO’s Chandrayaan-3 mission made a soft landing on the Moon.
Chandrayaan-3’s rover is a six-wheeled robot which has now come out of the lander. This rover will now move on the lunar surface and will leave the impression of the Ashoka Pillar on the moon through its wheels. As the rover moves on the lunar surface, the imprint of the Ashoka Pillar will be printed.
Here we have brought some questions and answers related to India’s Moon Mission Chandrayaan-3 which will be asked in all your upcoming competitive exams. Such as UPSC, SSC, Railway and other exams.
Following are the Questions and answers related to Chandrayaan-3
Question-1: When was Chandrayaan-3 launched?
Answer: 14 July 2023
Question-2: From where was Chandrayaan-3 launched?
Answer: From Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
Question-3: What is the name of the lander module of Chandrayaan-3?
Question-4: What is the name of the rover module of Chandrayaan-3?
Question-5: When did Vikram separate from the lander propulsion module in Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: On 17 August 2023.
Question-6: Which agency of India manufactured and launched Chandrayaan-3?
Question-7: What is the full form of ISRO?
Answer: Indian Space Research Organization
Question- 8: What is the SATCAT number (Satellite Catalog Number) assigned to Chandrayaan-3?
Question – 9: What is the name of the authority which provides SATCAT number?
Answer: United States Space Command
Question-10: Who is the Chairman of ISRO?
Question-11: Who is the Mission Director of ISRO?
Answer: S Mohankumar
Question-12: When did Chandrayaan-3 enter the Moon’s orbit?
Answer: On 5 August 2023.
Question-13: What is the total payload mass (weight) of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: 3900 kg
Question-14: What is the payload mass (weight) of the lander module of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: 1752 kg
Question-15: What is the payload mass (weight) of the propulsion module of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: 2148 kg
Question-16: What is the name of the mission director of Chandrayaan 3?
Answer: P Veeramuthuvel
Question-17: What is the weight of Pragyan Rover?
Answer: 26 kilograms
Question-18: How many wheels are there in Pragyan Rover?
Question- 19: How many throttle-capable engines are there in Vikram Lander?
Answer – 4
Question- 20: Who is the vehicle director of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: Biju C Thomas
Question – 21: What is the spectropolarimetry of the Habitable Planet Earth (SHAPE) payload attached to the propulsion module of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: It is an instrument to study spectral and polar metric measurements of Earth from lunar orbit.
Question- 22: What is the name of the tracking network that ISRO will use after the landing of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: European Space Tracking (ASTRAC)
Question – 23: Which Mumbai-based company collaborated with ISRO in the development of Chandrayaan 3? Answer: Godrej Aerospace
Question- 24: What is the budget of Chandrayaan-3?
Answer: Approximately 615 crores or $75 million
Question – 25: What is the name of the rocket used by ISRO to launch Chandrayaan-3?
Questions with detailed answers asked in UPSC and other competitive exams We suggest that you do deep research on the subject before the exam and then prepare answers to these questions, so that it becomes easier for you in the exam…
- Discuss India’s achievements in the field of space science. How will India’s recent space achievements lead to socio-economic development?
- What things is India studying on the Moon through Chandrayaan 3, what will be the benefits of it in the future?
- With the help of Chandrayaan 3’s rover Pragyan, the distance between the Moon and the Earth can be accurately estimated. What will be the benefits of this?
- What is Lunar Geopolitics? How does India need to be prepared for this?
- After the success of Chandrayaan 3, is India now fully prepared for Lunar Geopolitics?
- What does a precise landing on the Moon mean for India?
- Discuss the different parts of Lander Vikram and Rover Pragyan. Explain in detail what is the function of which part?
- What is Aditya L-1? How do you see Aditya after the successful landing of Chandrayaan 3?
- What is XPoSat (X-ray Polarimeter Satellite)? What is India doing in this direction?
- What is the mission of NISAR? ISRO is working on this with which country’s space organization?
- Throw light on Gaganyaan. How do you see India’s work in this direction?
- What is Mission LUPEX? What is the role of ISRO in this? With which country’s space organization is this work being done?
- Discuss the upcoming space missions of ISRO.
- What is Shukrayan? What is the objective of this mission? Explain in detail.
- Throw light on ISRO’s mission Chandrayaan 4.