SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022-2023 : Staff Selection Commission ( SSC ) has released the exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CHSL Exam in the official notification of CHSL, the details of SSC CHSL Syllabus are mentioned in the article given in the notification . Candidates can go through the article to strategize their preparation for the exam along with SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022 and SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022 . Here we are providing the detailed syllabus, marks, asked questions, exam pattern and other important information. Apart from this, if you wish, you can check and download the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Syllabus by visiting ssc.nic.in.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022-2023
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022 : Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination in three tiers namely Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. While SSC CHSL Tier 1 is conducted in online mode, SSC CHSL Tier 2 on the other hand is conducted in pen and paper. And SSC CHSL Tier 3 is Computer Skill Test. It is very important for the candidates to know the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022 in order to prepare well for the SSC CHSL Exam 2022. All the aspirants must stay updated about the latest changes in SSC CHSL syllabus and exam pattern in order to prepare thoroughly for SSC CHSL 2022 .
SSC CHSL Stages 2022-2023
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice (CBT)|
|Tier-II||Paper in English/Hindi|
SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier 1
SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier 1 : Tier 1 Syllabus consists of questions from General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English. The questions in English section are based on 10+2 level whereas questions in Quantitative Aptitude are based on 10th standard. Tier 1 Exam consists of the following four subjects.
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- General Awareness
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 – Subject wise
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations,
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy,
- Space Orientation,
- Semantic Classification,
- Venn Diagrams,
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfoldin Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Numerical operations
Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1 etc.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
English Language (Basic Knowledge)
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/Detecting mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts,
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage.
The questions in this section are designed to test the candidate’s awareness of the surrounding environment and its application and knowledge of current events. The test will include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries, especially relating to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy and Scientific Research. Following are some important topics:
- Static common sense
- Current affairs
- Books and Authors
- Important projects
- People in the news
- Awards and honors
SSC CHSL tier 1 exam pattern 2022-2023
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
SSC CHSL tier 2 exam pattern 2022-2023
|Session||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted|
|Session 1||Section 1-|
Module 1: Mathematic abilities
Module 2: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
|30+30= 60 marks||180 marks|
1 hour for each section. 1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe.
Module 1: English Language and Comprehension
Module 2: Reasoning and General Intelligence. General Awareness
|40+20= 60 marks||180 marks|
Module 1: Computer Knowledge Module
|15 marks||45 marks|
15 minutes or 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
|Session 2||Section 3-|
Module 1: Skill Test/ Typing Test Module
|Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||–|
15 minutes or 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA.||–||10 minutes or 15 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Skill Test
Tier III of SSC CHSL will be a Skill Test / Typing Test which will be of qualifying nature. The final merit of the successful candidates will be determined on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- Candidates have to appear 8000 depression per hour to clear this test for the post of Data Entry Operator. it will be qualifying in nature
- The skill test will be conducted on computer. An examination center and the concerned agency will be informed in the notification. Candidates have to check an official website for more details.
- Only applicants having minimum required speed will be recommended for merit list.
Typing Test for PA/SA & LC
- Candidates will have the option to type either in Hindi or in English. This test will be of qualifying nature.
- It will be a computer based test to test the speed and accuracy of the candidate. Applicants have to type the given text paragraph in 10 minutes of time duration.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022-2023 PDF Download
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022 PDF Download : Staff Selection Commission ( SSC ) has released the exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CHSL Exam in the official notification of CHSL, click on the link given here to free download syllabus SSC CHSL Syllabus PDF.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022-2023 FAQs
Q1 : Is there negative marking in SSC CHSL Prelims?
Ans : Yes, there is negative marking in SSC CHSL for each wrong answer 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question.
Q3 : How many questions are there in SSC CHSL Tier 1?
Ans : SSC CHSL Tier 1 consists of 100 questions.
Q4 : How many tier are there in SSC CHSL 2022-2023 exam?
Ans : There is two tier in SSC CHSL 2022-2023
Q5 : What is the change in SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022-2023?
Ans : Yes, SSC has made some changes in the exam pattern for the SSC CHSL Tier 2 exam. Previously the Tier 2 exam is conducted in descriptive mode and also there used to be a Tier 3 exam but as per the new SSC CHSL 2022 Notification, there will be only Two Tiers i.e. Tier 1 & Tier 2.